The Give Yourself Goosebumps books were R. L. Stine’s answer to the Choose Your own Adventure books. They’re relatively straightforward branching-plot novels occasionally enlivened by a puzzle or gimmick. All of the plots are rather silly, but some adventures have surprisingly sophisticated game design while others are comparatively amateurish. The first 22 were released with colorful patterns on the front, but the remainder of the series had more traditional covers.
Give Yourself Goosebumps
01. Escape from the Carnival of Horrors
02. Tick Tock, You’re Dead
03. Trapped in Bat Wing Hall
04. The Deadly Experiments of Dr. Eeek
05. Night in Werewolf Woods
06. Beware of the Purple Peanut Butter
07. Under the Magician’s Spell
08. The Curse of the Creeping Coffin
09. The Knight in Screaming Armor
10. Diary of a Mad Mummy
11. Deep in the Jungle of Doom
12. Welcome to the Wicked Wax Museum
13. Scream of the Evil Genie
14. The Creepy Creations of Professor Shock
15. Please Don’t Feed the Vampire
16. Secret Agent Grandma
17. Little Comic Shop of Horrors
18. Attack of the Beastly Baby-Sitter
19. Escape from Camp Run-For-Your-Life
20. Toy Terror: Batteries Included
21. The Twisted Tale of Tiki Island
22. Return to the Carnival of Horrors
23. Zapped in Space
24. Lost in Stinkeye Swamp
25. Shop Till You Drop…Dead!
26. Alone in Snakebite Canyon
27. Checkout Time at the Dead-End Hotel
28. Night of a Thousand Claws
29. Invaders from the Big Screen
30. You’re Plant Food
31. The Werewolf of Twisted Tree Lodge
32. It’s Only a Nightmare!
33. It Came from the Internet
34. Elevator to Nowhere
35. Hocus-Pocus Horror
36. Ship of Ghouls
37. Escape from Horror House
38. Into the Twister of Terror
39. Scary Birthday to You!
40. Zombie School
41. Danger Time
42. All-Day Nightmare
Give Yourself Goosebumps Special Edition
The Give Yourself Goosebumps Special Edition book series features more complex adventures than the original series. The first book is the most involved, featuring many sections and requiring the reader to roll dice and keep track of inventory. All of the other books feature a more traditional one section per page format, but some continued to rely on inventory selection. The fifth book offers the reader the choice of being either a hunter or spellcaster and choosing spells or equipment from lists. The final book contains four unrelated stories, and a number picked at the beginning determines which one unfolds.
1. Into the Jaws of Doom
2. Return to Terror Tower
3. Trapped in the Circus of Fear
4. One Night in Payne House
5. The Curse of the Cave Creatures
6. Revenge of the Body Squeezers
7. Trick or… Trapped!
8. Weekend at Poison Lake
aaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!! I LOVE THESE BOOKS!!!!!!!
WHAT ABOUT CAMP JELLY JAM?!?!