Scary For Kids

Electrical Fire

The Electrical Fire is a scary true story about a woman who is plagued by strange dreams in which her son is burned to death in a house fire. This is a true story.

Electrical Fire

When I was 3 years old, my parents and I lived in an old house. My bedroom was connected to my parents’ room by a walk-in closet. If you went opened their closet and went inside, there was a door at the back that led to my room.

While we were living there, my mother started having terrible nightmares. Every nightmare was the same. In the dream, she would wake up in bed to find she was surrounded by fire. In a panic, she would rush through the closet, into my room, then grab me and dive out the window. Suddenly the dream would flash forward and she would find herself sitting with my father in a waiting room at the hospital. A doctor would come in looking somber and say, “I’m sorry, but your son is dead”. At that point, she always woke up in a cold sweat with her heart racing.

One night, my mother was awakened by my screaming. She ran into my room and held me in her arms. She was trying to calm me down and ask me what was wrong. All I could say was, “Mommy, Mommy, my room was on fire. I was on fire.”

After the recurring nightmares she had been having, this really freaked her out. It wasn’t long before my parents decided to move and sell the house.

About six months after we moved out, my got a phonecall from my grandmother. She started telling my mother that there had been a fire in the house we used to live in. Luckily, no one was home at the time, but the room that had been my bedroom was completely destroyed in the blaze. The fire had started because of an electrical short in some wires in the walk-in closet.

This story always gives me the chills whenever I tell it.

scary for kids


Follow Me

Copy Protected by Chetan's WP-Copyprotect.